By complementing the body's natural healing processes, integrative therapies (craniosacral, visceral manipulation, muscle energy, myofasical release, acupressure and/or lymphatic drainage techniques) are increasingly used as a preventive health measure and to treat a wide range of medical problems associated with pain and dysfunction, including: Physical/Structural
- Biomechanical/Postural Imbalance through fascial systems
- Post Concussion
- Soft tissue/sports Injuries (acute/chronic), shoulder, ankle, hip, groin, knee and back injuries
- Rehabilitation after trauma and accident
- Whiplash/Back pain
- Migraine Headaches
- Neurological conditions including Parkinson's disease, Bells Palsy and Cerebral Palsy
- Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Sciatica, Carpal Tunnel, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- TMJ (jaw pain) intra-oral release techniques (thoracic inlet, hard palate and hyoglossal tissues)
- Ear/Nose/Throat (Sinus, Asthma, Bronchitis, COPD, Chronic Ear Infections) (craniosacral & lymphatic drainage techniques)
- Boost immune system (detoxification) (craniosacral & lymphatic drainage techniques)
- Stress and Tension-Related Problems (anxiety, depression) through parasympathetic nervous system
- ADD / ADHD /Learning, Behavioral and Emotional difficulties through relaxation and stimulation of parasympathetic nervous system
- Psychosomatic Pain Syndromes (pain with no apparent cause, diagnosis)
- Body/Mind awareness and integration
There are very few contraindications to craniosacral therapy, acupressure and lymphatic drainage. A unique blend of therapies designed to treat the “whole” body, interconnecting the physical, mental and emotional healing process in terms of focus, clarity and relaxation.
Together with massage therapy, integrative therapies can be used to enhance the effectiveness of treatments for injuries, biomechanical dysfunction, or the promotion of relaxation. Craniosacral therapy affects the fascial matrix and nervous system helping to free the body from restrictions, lymphatic drainage encourages the homeostasis and recycling of the fluids within the body (lymph, venous and arterial fluid) and acupressure therapy addresses the energetic or “chi” system, including the various meridians of flow, specific to organs and glands. All therapies stimulate the parasympathetic nervous system; where during rest, inner healing and cellular repair can occur.
Integrative therapies are not a cure for systemic disease or pathology and are intended to be used in conjunction with standard medical treatment. Please refer to an MD, ND and/or Specialist (Psychiatrist) for diagnosis and referral. For conditions of Cancer and lymphedema, please see a specialist for lymphatic drainage, if advised by medical practitioner M.D/N.D and/or Oncologist.
Copyright© Shauna Park, RMT 2018